BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Shadow Girl

As I was running, as fast as I could. I ran into the darkest forest known to man. I knew what I was running from. I knew I could not hide. I knew that whatever it took I would need to never get caught by the thing chasing me. Do you want to know my story? No one can ever know where I am or what I am doing. I cannot be deceitful and yet I cannot tell the truth. I have gotten myself into a certain situation where all I can do is hope for the best and never look back. You can only know simple things about me; you can call me shadow girl because I live in the shadows and am “invisible” to the naked eye. I don’t know where to run but this I’ll tell you, I was kidnapped and tossed from foster home to foster home until I got kidnapped and escaped and came across a secret forest where foster kids took care of each other. I became one of their members, a person apart of their family. There is Andrew, Carey, Simpleton, McHenry, Phoebe, and then there’s me. “Shadow, go out and grab some wood can ya?” Simpleton asked “Sure, next time be a little bit more nice,” I said “please.” “Whatever you want, your majesty.” Simpleton said and then bowed mockingly. I walked deeper into the forest , farther and farther away from the camp fire light. I grabbed as much wood as I could to keep us warm for the night. I started to head back; the camp light suddenly went out, then I heard the screaming of Carey and Phoebe. I dropped the wood and ran as fast as I could towards; what I remembered of where the camp was. I ran and when I got there, no one was near. I grabbed an arrow and spear for hunting to defend myself from whatever was lurking. Questions were running through my head. Where is everyone? How can I help? How do I find my family? How do I protect everything we have worked for to be safe? ************************************************************* Now, here I am still wandering the forest for my friends, no family. “Carey, Phoebe, are you okay? Andrew can you hear me? Nasty Simpleton?” I knew even if Simpleton was dying he would answer. I heard a noise as if someone was crawling. “Shadow,” it was Carey “you really do lurk in the night.” “What happened to everyone , the camp?” I said with so many questions in mind. “I saw something,” she looked distressed “it was probably nothing.” “If it was nothing you wouldn’t scream or everyone disappear.” “you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” I gave her “the look”. “I saw Kurt Perry.” “Kurt’s alive.” She said hopefully and yet, scared. I sat down trying to embrace what she had just told me. “Are you sure?” “Yes, I’m sure.” “Was it his ghost?” “No.” Kurt had died three years ago by a drunk driver. Kurt wouldn’t have died if it were for me. I had been blinded by something that calls for another story when I didn’t see the old rusty truck some out of nowhere and into the forest. Kurt pushed me out of the way when he didn’t get far enough away himself. “Kurt’s back. Well, I guess we better go and find him then and get Phoebe, Andrew, and Nasty Simpleton back.” Off we went to go find our ghost and hunt him down. I remembered his favorite spot to hide and I figured that his ghost would be there two. “Off to the Never-ending Cave.” Carey trusted me and had no worries that I wouldn’t protect her to my own undoing. We walked 3.14 miles until we came to the cave. “I’ll go in first, you be careful.” We slowly walked in like bosses. I saw what we were looking for. I knew I was secretly hoping it wasn’t true. I saw Andrew, Phoebe, and Simpleton. I really didn’t want to rescue Simpleton but knew I had to. “Kurt, It’s me your friend, Shadow.” “Shadow, is it really you?” “Yeah,” I really hoped this wasn’t a trick. “Kurt why don’t you give me Andrew, Phoebe, and…” I didn’t want to say it “Simpleton, too.” “I... we just wanted to hang out.” His eyes... I could tell he was getting defensive. “Kurt chill out I just wanted to get the gang and go make another fire before it gets dark outside.” “Shadow, you never really wanted to do that. You hate fire, you love the dark.” “I love the dark but our friends don’t like it , they can get hurt.” He started to grow angry as if he never wanted them to leave. His eyes grew redder and his face became deformed, he looked as if he was slender man and the boogie man rolled into one. Carey screamed, which probably didn’t help. “Run!” *********************************************************************************************** As Carey and I were running, Andrew grabbed his pocket knife and cut him, Simpleton, and Phoebe, all loose. They heard Carey’s scream and ran to help out. “Shadow , Carey let’s play Crando.” Code name for a situation and how to deal with it. We all worked together ; I side kicked Kurt, Andrew jabbed him, and we all took him down together. At the end of it all I heard this whisper: “Good job Shadow.” I heard it coming out of Simpleton’s mouth. I thought I would never hear those words as long as I lived. To my surprise, Simpleton was more than just Simple. “Call me Cora.”

0 comments: